- 4 Minutes to read
The Project Management Console – Main interface
- 4 Minutes to read
The project management console is the nerve center providing access to various features and lets PMs perform the activities to steer a project from start to completion. The intuitive interfaces allow PMs to manage the schedule of tasks, the budget and cost accounting, manage labor and equipment resources, materials, submittals, RFI's, change orders, punch lists, and more. The integrated collaboration module serves for context-based conversations with field workers, team members, participants from other companies for real-time clarifications, announcements, suggestions, etc.
To access the project management console of a project
- Login to your PM account
- Your projects overview console opens with the list of projects you are associated with.
- Click the name of the project under 'My Projects'
The name of the project is shown on the top left.
The menu items on the left provide you access to various features for project management. Please note that you can access only those items for which you have permission, depending on your role. The following list covers all possible menus:
- Dashboard - Contains graphs and charts showing various statistics like progress, resource allocation/usage, financial data, cost and schedule variances, outstanding items, and more.
- Project- General project pertinent details, collaborators, estimates, and permits. The sub-menus include:
- Project Information - General details of the project entered on creation. You can edit these at any time. See Edit Project details for more details.
- Project Directory - Add and manage collaborating companies. These include other contractors, architects, engineers. etc. See Invite subcontractors and vendors for more details.
- Budget and controls - Upload the overall budget of the project. This helps Linarc in tracking various financial performance data like cost variance at any time and PMs to take decisions from time to time to manage expenditures. Applies only to general contractors.
- Permits - Upload the permits you obtained for the project from various local, county, and state authorities. See Add permits for more details.
- Team- Manage allotment of your company employees to the project
- Plans - Manage plan drawings of the project, to share among the team. See Plans Management for more details.
- Schedule- Manage the WBS structure and task scheduling, assignment of tasks, estimates, and equipment scheduling.
- Master/Contractor Schedule - Manage the list of tasks, sub-tasks, deliverables, etc., their timetable, dependencies, assignments, progress, and more. See WBS and Master Schedule for more details.
- Calendar - View the schedule items like tasks, milestones and checkpoints, crew scheduling, equipment schedule, etc, for each day. See Calendar for more details.
- Estimates - Upload a detailed cost and labor estimate for your work in the project. See Estimates – An Overview for more details.
- Equipment - Manage an equipment schedule, generate and track equipment requests for various tasks, delivery, return on completion of work, and more. See Equipment Management for more details.
- Site - Configure the work shift timings, foremen, weekly working days, and more. See Setup work shifts and site settings for more details.
- Cost Data - Keep track of the payments made and expenses that occurred during the progress of each task or a deliverable.
- Material Cost - Enter payments made for materials purchased. See Material cost for more details.
- Subcontractor Cost - Enter payments made to temporarily hired workers, artisans, subcontractors, etc.
- Overhead and other - Enter the operating expenses that occurred on day-to-day activities. See Overhead and other expenses for more details.
- Equipment Cost - The expenses that occurred because of equipment rental and operations. The details are auto-populated for each task by fetching details from the foreman mobile applications.
- Labor Cost - The expenses occurred by field crew wages. The details are auto-populated for each task by fetching and consolidating details of time spent on each task by each crew member from their time card.
- Reports - View and download various types of reports on the project.
- Files - The project's online storage that acts as a cloud repository for project-related digital assets, like various documents, contracts, plans, photos, etc. See Online Storage for more details.
- RFI - Create, manage, route, review, answer, and publish requests for information (RFI) at various project states. See RFI for more details.
- Change Order - Create manage, forward, review and approve change orders, depending on your role in the project. See Change Orders for more details.
- Submittals - Create submittal packages, request submittals, present submittals, forward, review, and approve received submittals, depending on your role in the project. See Submittals for more details.
- Punchlists - Create punch lists and assign them to appropriate contractors.
- Collaboration - Converse with the workers on-site or offsite, belonging to various companies in real-time.
The perpetual buttons on the top right of the interface allow you to view the notifications, update your user profile and settings, open the online user guide, open your projects overview console, and log out.
|-||Takes you to the projects overview console that lets you view and manage all projects assigned to you. See Projects Overview for more details.|
|-||Opens the in-app help widget with the online help page relevant to the interface you are in. The widget contains shortcuts to access our full knowledge base to get help on any task.|
|-||Opens the notifications widget to view the messages auto-generated by Linarc for various activities on the project, that require your attention. The number of new/unread notifications is indicated beside the bell icon. See View Notifications for more details.|
|-||Your user icon with profile picture. Click the icon to update your profile, profile settings and log out of the console.|