- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
The 'Paid' screen under the 'Subcontractor' menu lets you maintain a record of the payments you made to external contractors hired on an ad-hoc basis and through subcontracts/agreements that are not included in your Linarc project directory. The payment entries are added in two ways:
- Manual - Payment made directly to the externals without any formal agreements or contracts. You can make each payment entry with the details like the task, the expense category, purpose, etc., and also upload attachments like a PDF file of the invoice or the receipt.
- Moved from pending payments - The payments you make for any special agreements or subcontracts made with the external subcontractors after the completion of the job. The agreed amount is first added as the pending amount in the 'Unpaid' screen. Once you make the payment, you can mark the amount as paid from the same screen. The payment entry is then automatically moved to the 'Paid' screen.
For every entry in the 'Paid' screen, the system decrements the amount from the total budget for subcontractor cost for the task and shows the remaining amount per your estimate. This helps you monitor the variance of the actual expenses from the estimated subcontractor cost and plan the future expenses to complete the tasks within the budget. The details are used for various statistics and key performance indicators displayed on the dashboards.
This article explains how to manually add the amount paid to an external subcontractor. For details on payments made for agreements/subcontracts, see Agreements and pending cost.
To add a paid subcontractor cost entry
- Open the project management console of the project
- Click 'Budget' on the top
- Hover your mouse over 'Subcontractor' on the left and select 'Paid' from the options
- Click 'Add External cost' at the top right
The 'Add External cost' interface shows the list of your scheduled tasks and the amounts allotted under the head 'Subcontractor' in your estimate.
- Task Code - The cost code of the task item for which the expense occurred.
- Task Name - The label of the task as in the contractor schedule.
- Progress (%) - The completion percentage of the task at the time of the payment.
- Planned cost - The amount allotted as subcontractor cost for the task item in the estimate.
- Actual Cost - The total amount of money paid so far to the external subcontractors for the task.
- Click the button in the row of the task to add a payment made to an external subcontractor
- Enter the details of the payment made:
- Subcontractor - The name of the supplier, seller, or vendor organization to which the payment was made.
- Date - Use the calendar to enter the date at which the payment was made.
- Progress - The completion percentage of the task when making the payment
- Amount - The amount of money paid
- Status- The type of subcontractor cost. Select 'Paid' from the options.
- Attachments - Click the '+' button and upload the supporting documents like the PDF version of the invoice, bill or receipt, images of the material, etc.
- Click 'Done'
- Click 'Back' at the top right to return to the 'Subcontractor Cost' interface.
The payment entry is added to the chronological list.