- 2 Minutes to read
External Subcontractor Cost
- 2 Minutes to read
The 'Subcontractor Cost' interface lets you maintain a register of the payments agreed and made to external contractors or workers engaged for specific or special tasks on different dates. This includes specialty contractors, skilled artisans, laborers, workers, and machine operators hired on an ad-hoc basis and not included in the project directory.
You can keep track of payments made to the external subcontractors in two ways:
- Direct payments - The 'Paid' screen allows you to enter the amounts you paid directly to the external subcontractors without any initial agreements, at different progress stages, and at different dates. For each payment, the paid amount is deducted from the amount allotted for subcontractor cost for the task in the estimate, and the balance is shown.
- Agreements and Due - The 'Unpaid' screen allows you to enter the amounts you agreed to pay the external contractors for their assigned work. Each time you add an entry, the amount is deducted from the amount allotted for subcontractor cost for the task, and the balance is shown. Once the work is completed and you pay the agreed amount, the amount moves to the 'Paid' screen. You can mark the payments made to the external subcontractor from the agreed amount on the 'Unpaid' screen.
You can enter the amount with the details like the payee name, the progress of the task executed by the external contractor/worker the payment status, also upload attachments like a PDF file of the invoice or the receipt. The details are used for various statistics and key performance indicators, displayed on the dashboards.
The 'Subcontractor Cost' interface
The 'Subcontractor Cost' interface has two screens, namely 'Unpaid' and 'Paid'.
- Unpaid - Shows the chronological order of tasks for which agreements were made to the external subcontractors with details of the task and the current amount pending to the respective contractor.
- Paid - Shows the chronological order of payments made to subcontractors for the tasks.
Open the subcontractor cost interface
- Open the project management console of the project
- Click 'Budget' on the top
- Hover your mouse over 'Subcontractor' on the left and select 'Paid' or 'Unpaid' to open the respective screen
The example below shows the 'Unpaid' screen.
- Date - The date of the payment entry.
- Task Code - The cost code of the task item for which the expense occurred.
- Task Name - The label of the task as in the contractor schedule.
- Subcontractor - The name of the external subcontractor.
- Progress (%) - The completion percentage of the task at the time of the payment entry.
- Amount - The amount of money agreed/paid to the external subcontractor.
- Balance - The amount remaining under the head 'Subcontractor' for the task in the estimate.
Search and Filter options - Use the Find, Filter, and table customization options on the right to search, filter, add/remove columns, etc. See Search, Filter, Column Customization, and Table Views for guidance on this.
Click the links below to know more about:
- Add a paid external subcontractor cost entry
- Add an external subcontract/agreement cost entry and mark payments