- 2 Minutes to read
Create and activate workflow templates
- 2 Minutes to read
The 'Document' menu in the 'Workflow' interface on the company admin console lets the administrator add custom workflow templates for submittals, RFIs, and punch lists. For each template, you define the steps in the life cycle. For each step, you define the activity, the responsible stakeholder type, and the maximum permissible days. The draft templates are to be activated to make them available for use by the project managers.
These templates will be available to the respective work order type so the creator/manager can choose an appropriate template, then define the person responsible and the due date for each step.
Create a workflow template
- Login to your company admin console
- Click 'Workflow' on the top and 'Documents' > 'Draft' on the left
- The interface shows the list of templates in the draft state. You can use the filter at the top right to view only the templates for a particular kind, like Submittals and RFI.
- Click the '+' button on the top right:
The 'Add Workflow' pop-up appears:
- Title - Enter a label for the workflow template shortly describing its purpose. For example, as a sequence of the contractor roles to whom the item is passed at successive steps.
- Workflow Type - Choose the kind of workflow item to which the template can be applied.
- Click 'Save' to add the template to the drafts list.
The next step is to add the successive steps to the template.
- Click the right arrow beside the template name to expand its steps
- Click the 'Add Workflow Step' button:
- Configure the attributes for the steps:
- Action - Choose the activity performed in the step. The available options depend on the type of workflow item. For example, the options for RFI are: 'Add,' 'Review,' 'Respond,' and 'Close.'
- Days Allowed - The maximum number of days permissible for the step. The default due dates for the steps in the actual workflow for an item are calculated from this value. Anyway, the creator/manager can change the due dates when setting up the workflow for an item.
- Company Role - The role of the contractor company that should perform the step action. The available options are 'General contractor,' 'Subcontractor,' and 'Architect.'
- Click 'Save' to add the step to the template.
- Repeat the process to add more steps to the template, covering the entire lifecycle of the item.
The steps are shown as a list under the template.
- Click the button in the 'Actions' column to edit the step. The process is similar to adding a step.
- Click the button to remove the steps added by mistake
The template is added as a draft. You can activate the template instantly or at any time later.
Activate a Workflow template
- Click 'WF Steps' > 'Draft' on the left of the company admin console
- Click the right arrow beside the template name to review the steps (optional)
- Click the button in the 'Actions' to activate the template.
- Click 'Confirm' in the confirmation dialog.
The template is moved to the 'Documents' > 'Active' list. It is now available at the project management console for selection.